4.21.2008

wake the dead


quite an intro?! wake the dead... its a phrase that made its way in to my brain yesterday morning. name for a band? a concept to live by? live fast enough, loud enough..kick ASS enough to wake the dead! feels good to me...

its my monday, which is unusual. had my first sunday off since forever ago and i was comfortable/uncomfortable. comfortable enjoying yoga and family time. uncomfortable doing the schedule and thinking about work. sucks, but had to be done. its the claws. sometimes they have you. sometimes not. the more given, the more taken.

this past wednesday, myself and the family went to a concert at the palace of fine arts. zakir hussain and the masters of percussion. totally amazing! instruments: tabla, doyra, sitar, folk drums, sarangi and more.. it was so amazing. he and the other masters played for 3 hours and it was worth every dime spent. extremely soulful. it brings my understanding and want for percussion to a whole other level!

No comments: