2.24.2008

its sunday

its sunday. up early to get after it.. need to write. its is raining so hard right now that you can hear it on the roof. the wind. the rain. its extremely soothing. its foggy. green. i just dig it!

the last 2 days off were awesome. you already know about my day on friday. yesterday was household day. cleaning. grocery store. laundry. the ladies went to a birthday party sleep over. little d's friend. babers is a chaperon. 8 hormonal girls. i am glad to be at home safe with the door locked. that's to much emotion for me. got enough with one for now.... its a hand full!

after 3 the girls were gone and it was time to get on my kit. i love my kit. gretsch new classic in vintage glass nitron. removed the bass drum pad and let it rip. damn it thumps. every drum hits the mark. must get a 16x16 floor tom and a maple snare. in time. looking at pictures gives me ideas about how to configure my cymbals when i get more. still trying to find my sound. so. on the kit for about 3 hrs. rudiments. accent practice. practice 32nd notes. played with a few songs. after sitting at the kit for 3 hours i decided it was a good idea to get outside. took the "tongue" for a walk on the path. its was foggy and rainy. excellent way to decompress. came back. started a pizza. fed the "tongue". made a salad. sat back and ate. watching the matrix and practicing rudiments for another 30-40 minutes on the practice pad. used the metronome. i love to practice, b/c i know in the end all the rudiments i practice will be ingrained in my brain and without thinking, my playing will go to an amazing level. can already feel it happening!

its time to go.

No comments: