2.19.2008

state of mind

where is my state of mind?? its all over the map. i feel that its has a been a year since i last wrote. the weekend was unbelievable. went to tahoe. i am having some sort of problem explaining this part of the trip. malfunction. up early on friday in hopes of skiing a half day. did not happen. took the afternoon off and relaxed. saturday skied squaw for the first time. the weather was warm and beautiful. one run in particular got me back in the zone. directly under the gold coast express lift was an excellent line that me and the wife tore up. there is only one word to describe the conditions. "creamy!" it was so sweet! had a casual evening and was up at 6am to get back to SF for work.

this is where my state of mind comes in to play.... to be as dialed in as we are in five months is amazing, but i want more. with everything that has happened, there have been many sacrifices. my largest sacrifice is time. my time has become the machines time. i spend more time thinking about work than anything else. i am extremely conscious of this and anytime i have for myself, i meditate on what i want. on the bart i find myself cleansing my mind of the any happenings and making room for all that makes my world complete. what it comes down to. music. listening to the red hot chili peppers and i am mezmerized. kiedis with his voice and lyrics. frusciante melodically creating time. flea riping the bass & his back up vocals(rhcp would be nothing with out the back ups of flea). chad smith. chad killing the drums with his heavy beats of intention.. its all wrapped up to create the funk! these guys are having so much fun and i want a piece of the action. yes, i am sure its work at time. that all falls away when magic is created. i want to make music and make an incredible living at it!

my time is slowly becoming someone elses. i am remembering it is the year of the rat. i am rat. watch out, b/c i will be leading the way this year. it will all be mine in 08!

No comments: